Saturday, December 20, 2008

Graduation Day

Graduation day is tough for adults. They go to the ceremony as parents. They come home as contemporaries. After twenty-two years of child-raising, they are unemployed." ~ by Erma Bombeck

So when I resort to borrowed quotes, am I getting lazy or just tired. In either case, the quote just seems to fit (except for the 22 years bit, it's been a bit longer in our case.)

It certainly seems to have been hard on Dad. When we came home, he fussed with the pellet stove for an hour or so, came and looked over my shoulder at the pictures of Brandon and Amanda, said something like 'our last one is really grown up now', and has been sound asleep on the sofa since. I need to remind myself that Dad puts on a gruff show much of the time, but that's just a coverup.

And before I fall alseep at the computer, just want Brandon and Amanda to know how proud we are of them. They really have worked hard for this -- summer classes, winter break classes, and heavy course loads. Also want the rest of you to know how greatful I'm am that you were able to make it to our little celebration, with the nasty weather and all. I know Steve and Steph wanted to be there too, but the streets and roads in IC are really unbelievably awful. I'm just hoping the weather gives us a break so we can all be together on Christmas. And now, I'm off to bed, hopefully to sleep for hours and wake up with enough energy to get all the shopping and wrapping done before Thursday.

Love you all.

Mom



Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas
Keegan and David get their bikes and a Merry Christmas was had by all. Click on photo to see slide show.

Happy Birthday Steph and Riley

Happy Birthday Steph and Riley

Happy Birthday Mike

Happy Birthday Mike